Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 3 messages ] 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: 1936 guerra civil à Stratejeux 2011
MessagePublié: 01 Octobre 2011, 13:11  
Touriste
Hors-ligne

Bonjour à tous!

Pour la bonne santé de tous je vais écrire en Anglais. Désolé! :lol:

My name is Arturo García and in late 2006 and self-published my card game "1936 guerra civil". Since then I've been promoting the game, mostly in Spain but also abroad (in 2010 I went to Cannes, Toulouse and Lucca). This coming November I will attend Stratejeux to present the game there. It's in Bordeaux where I have my only selling point outside Spain (Descartes), and besides being there to help this store to sell some games, I hope to get more selling points in France.

The game is published in Spanish but on the Internet I have everything translated to English and French. And after I went to Cannes and Toulouse I discovered the language barrier is not as high as it seems. Many many terms are quite similar in Spanish, French, English or Italian. With just a few notes of help the game can be played by a non-Spanish speaker. I can do my presentations in Spanish, English and French (my written French is not very good, that's why I write in English, but I get by with my spoken French).

As for the game itself, it's a strong theme game where rules have been designed to fit the Spanish Civil War. It's a game where you design your deck deciding how you are going to try to win (military, diplomacy, morale). It's a resources management game because you are continuously forced to prioritize your decisions, as you will have more options than money to pay for them. There's little luck in the game (only the order in which card previously selected will be showing up during the game) and it's more a task of analysing the situation trying to determine what's your best option at each step of the game.

The game also offers the historical aspect of the war, as each card has a different image taken from a public archive (this was a lot of work) and has an historical text. Thus, the game can be enjoyed simply as a game but also as a work around the Spanish Civil War.

My website: http://www.1936guerracivil.com
(through it you can find the boardgamegeek and facebook pages, selling points, tutorial videos in English and Spanish, a forum and other useful information)

Looking forward to meeting you at Stratejeux 2011!

À+ ;)

Arturo

ps: Administrators, sorry if this was not the correct category to leave my message, feel free to move it if appropriate! :)

Sujet du message: Re: 1936 guerra civil à Stratejeux 2011
MessagePublié: 01 Octobre 2011, 21:15  

Amateur
Hors-ligne

Hello ARTURO,

Very proud to meet you at STRATEJEUX 2011 ! :P

Sure you take pleasure to show your game at us. :shock:

Pascal "alias paspas" sponsor you, so WELCOME ON BOARD GUY.... ;)

Sujet du message: Re: 1936 guerra civil à Stratejeux 2011
MessagePublié: 29 Novembre 2011, 00:21  
Touriste
Hors-ligne

Bonjour à tous!

I'm back home. Thank you all for a very nice weekend at Bordeaux, I was able to make a few presentations (half of them in Spanish, the other half in my broken French ^_^). I think everyone who allowed me to explain the game to him was positively impressed

In case you wanted to have a copy but didn't buy one at Stratejeux, I left a few additionnal copies at Jeux Decartes (who still are the only store outside Spain selling the game, so big thanks to them as well!).

I was very nice meeting you and who knows if we shall meet again! On verra! ;)

Arturo

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 3 messages ] 

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]